Submission deadline: 1 June 2021
Notifications: 15 July 2021
Call for Demonstrations
The Demonstration Chairs invite submissions for demonstrations to be delivered as part of FOIS 2021.
FOIS 2021 is planned as a hybrid event: there will be a physical meeting in Bozen-Bolzano, Italy, with a remote participation option. Accordingly, demonstrations may be delivered either virtually or in a hybrid fashion.
The FOIS Demonstrations share the general subject matter of FOIS while presenting a series of action, interaction, and process-focused events. The event seeks to raise visibility and foster understanding of the dynamic, integrative, and use-oriented aspects of applied ontology, including application, integration, methodologies, and tools. The emphasis is on what happens.
Areas of interest include (non-exhaustively):
- Tools, in a broad sense including software, architectures, representations and languages, methodologies, design patterns, and repeatable processes
- Applications and uses of tools, including their integration into larger technical and socio-technical systems
- Challenges encountered and not yet well addressed
- Positive, negative, or mixed results of adoption
- Problem or opportunity patterns that emerge when applying or using tools in particular contexts
Demonstration presenters should be prepared to answer technical questions and to participate in a joint technical Q&A session with other demo teams.
FOIS 2021 seeks submissions in either of two forms: extended abstracts and short papers.
Extended abstracts (maximum 3 pages) should provide an overview of what will be demonstrated, including not only tools (in the broad sense above) but also such aspects as usage, application, integration, or other interaction, challenges, results, or other salient features.
Short papers (5-7 pages, including references), presenting description and analysis of, e.g., tools (in the broad sense above), emphasizing what happens when these are used or applied; characteristics of real-world environments or uses that present patterns of opportunity or difficulty for adoption; technical reports; and descriptions of completed or ongoing work.
Submissions should be made via EasyChair at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=jowo2021, selecting FOIS 2021 Demonstrations as the track.
Presenters must be registered participants in the conference.
- Submissions due: 1 June 2021
- Notifications of acceptance: 15 July 2021
- Camera-ready versions due: 23 August 2021
- Conference: 13-16 September 2021